Kashmiri Pandits can request DMs in encroached property cases: MoS Home

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Most Read This Week

Kashmiri Hindu migrants can request District Magistrates of concerned districts in J-K pertaining to cases of encroachment on their moveable or immovable properties in the valley, said Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai to Rajya Sabha in a written reply to a question on Wednesday.

As per reports, replying to a question of the reclaiming of both immovable and movable properties by migrant Hindus in Kashmir after returning to the valley and which authority the government has kept in this regard for them, Nityananda Kumar said that the migrants could request district magistrates in encroachment cases.

He further said that district magistrates of concerned districts could take suo moto action on eviction proceedings in case of encroachments as the DMs are the guardian of migrants’ immovable properties under the J-K Migrant Immovable Property Act, 1997.

Rai also told in Rajya Sabha that 520 migrants have returned to the valley under Prime Minister’s Developmental Package since 5 August 2019.

It was further said that nine properties were given back to its owners so far following the Hindu’s migration from the valley in the 90’s. (KNB)

Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

Stop teaching during school hrs or face action: ADC Sopore warns coaching centres

The authorities on Saturday warned coaching institutions, operating in Sopore town of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, of strict action...

More Articles Like This