Four people injured in Rajouri school fire incident

The Kashmir Walla needs you, urgently. Only you can do it.

The Kashmir Walla plans to extensively and honestly cover — break, report, and analyze — everything that matters to you. You can help us.

Most Read This Week

Four people suffered burn injuries following leakage from an LPG cylinder in a government middle school at Draman Samote in Rajouri district on Saturday.

Official sources told a local news agency, Global News Service (GNS) there was leakage in the cooking gas cylinder which sparked off the fire, leading to injuries to a teacher, Mariem Begum daughter of Abdul Latief, Shanaz Akhter Shokat Ali (cook), Shokat Ali son of Abdul Hamid of Draman and Saleema Akhter wife of Mohammad Iqbal of Draman.

The fire was later brought under control, they said.

Meanwhile, all the injured were referred to Community Health Centre Kandi where they were shifted to GMC Rajouri for advanced treatment.

Station House Officer Budhal Mustaj Ahmed confirmed to GNS that four people suffered injuries in the incident. (GNS)

Choose a plan as per your location

Latest News

Stop teaching during school hrs or face action: ADC Sopore warns coaching centres

The authorities on Saturday warned coaching institutions, operating in Sopore town of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, of strict action...

More Articles Like This