Indian forces arrest Lashkar militant in Kashmir; another killed

JK Bank

By News Desk | Srinagar

One militant was killed while another managed to escape after the Jammu and Kashmir police and Indian paramilitary forces raided their hide out in an orchard in Wagbug village of north Kashmir’s Varmul district. Police has also seized arms and ammunition from the encounter site.


A Laskhar-e-Toiba Divisional Commander for North Kashmir, Qari Naveed alias Fahad Ullah was arrested last evening and on his revelation one militant was killed today in Sopore, this was stated by GOC Kilo Force, Mr. Sarath Chand and IGP Mr. Abdul Ghani Mir in a press conference at Srinagar today.

Giving details IGP said that on 17 April 2013 based on a specific information a joint team of the Police and Army 22 RR apprehended a Pakistani terrorist Fahad Ullah resident of Multan who was functioning as styled Divisional Commander of Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist.

Based upon his information about presence of two more militants in an orchard at Wagub village, a joint team of Police and Army and CRPF was launched an operation and the area was sealed off. Two militants hiding in the orchards upon seeing security forces fired upon the advancing SF parties and in the retaliatory fire one militant was killed. The slain militant was later identified as Shabir Ahmad Sheikh alias Tameem alias Sufiyan resident of Palhalan who was master mind in killing of one Sarpanch Ghulam Mohammad Yatoo resident of Palhalan, Pattan Baramulla on 10 September 2012. Another militant, reportedly Hilal Molvi alias Khalid of Palhalan escaped from the area taking advantage of people working in the orchards.

A police statement, issued her, also said that 2 AK Series Rifles, 5 AK magazines, 2 Pistols, 5 Grenades and 150 rounds of live ammunition of AK and pistols were also recovered from the encounter site

“Fahadullah along with one slain terrorist Urfi Dar alias Husham of Sopore was involved in the killing of SPO Riyaz Ahmad at Brathkalan Sopore in the month of September 2012. He also masterminded series of Grenade attacks in town Sopore in the mints of July,August and September of 2012 injuring many civilians and security force personnel .Further investigation with regard to involvement of terrorists is being investigated. Fahadulalh had taken over the command of LeT in North Kashmir and was operating in Sopore area after the killing of Abdullah Uni and then Akash Badar in Sopore,” the statement added.